Stuartholme School is a public company limited by guarantee, governed under the Trustees of the Society of the Sacred Heart – the Member Company.
The School Board consists of nine Directors, who are responsible for the Company and are approved by the Member Company.
Objectives of the Company (excerpt from the Company Constitution)
To undertake the ownership, management, and control of Stuartholme School and to govern, conduct and carry on the School, subject always to the provisions of relevant legislation as part of the mission of the Catholic Church and in conformity with its canon law and in conformity with the Educational Philosophy of the Institute based on the educational tradition begun by Madeleine Sophie Barat, Foundress of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which is expressed in the following Goals:
- Faith which is relevant in today’s world;
- A deep respect for intellectual values;
- The building of community as a Christian value;
- A social awareness which impels to action;
- Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
The Following sub-committees exist to provide advice and make recommendations to the School Board on specific areas of operations. Current sub-committees include:
- Community Development
- Finance and Facilities
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Mission (formally known as Goals & Ethos)
The Member and Directors have delegated the day to day running of the School to the Principal