Stuartholme prides itself on our cultural diversity and welcomes students from countries other than Australia. The School offers a secure, safe and dynamic learning environment where each student has the opportunity to have a rich and rewarding learning experience. Our well-rounded education program also offers a secure pathway to a career or to further study at Australian and overseas universities.
Entry into Stuartholme is dependent on each International student having a suitable level of English, so they can manage mainstream classes. Students may be required to undertake a language proficiency test set by the School. If the assessment indicates a student’s proficiency in the use of the English language is insufficient, the School will assist in referring the student to additional English study options at a recognised ELICOS institution such as the Griffith University English Language Institute.
Once students commence their studies at Stuartholme, the School offers English as an additional language or dialect (EAL/D) classes several times per week to assist students who may require further support.
We have an International Students’ Coordinator both in the Day School and also the Boarding School who work with our overseas students to ensure they are happy, supported and able to build upon their academic and social competencies.
Students must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of academic performance appropriate to enter the year level requested on the enrolment application.
Our International students primarily come from countries including but not limited to:
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
- Papua New Guinea
As an international School of the Sacred Heart, Stuartholme enjoys a reputation for providing a devoted, supportive learning environment, fostering a sense of community and belonging for each girl.
Stuartholme School is registered with the Commonwealth Registrar of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. Our CRICOS Provider Number is 00524E.
For those who do not have an Australian Passport, please complete the following steps. If you possess an Australian passport, please apply as a domestic student.
- Request a Stuartholme Prospectus for international students. This can be viewed online or posted to you.
- If you would like further information, please email our Enrolments Team, who will send you an International Student Enrolment Handbook together with an Application for Enrolment form and other relevant information.
- Complete the Enrolment Application form online. Alternatively complete the form included in your prospectus. A non-refundable registration fee of $300 is payable for each application for enrolment. Payments can be made online via our secure Payment Portal or by cheque.
- Please post a copy of your daughter’s birth certificate and passport to the School at your earliest convenience.
- The School will make contact with you to arrange an interview and a tour.
- A letter of offer will be sent, requesting payment of an Enrolment Bond, one Term of Tuition and Boarding Fees and Health Cover for the period of your daughter’s schooling
- On receipt of payment, the School will complete a Confirmation of Enrolment Form which will enable you to apply for a student visa through the Department of Immigration and Citizenship at www.immi.gov.au
- Once you have received the student visa, please send a copy to the School.
If your daughter is unable to obtain a student visa, Stuartholme will make a full refund of all monies held in trust.
International Student Handbook
Stuartholme International Student Fee Schedule 2020
Stuartholme School’s policies for international students
Additional information to consider:
- All international students enrolled at Stuartholme School are required to reside in the School’s Boarding House.
- During school holiday periods, the Boarding House is closed for maintenance. We encourage students to reconnect with family and friends during this time.
To make an enrolment enquiry, please contact the Registrar on telephone +61 7 3369 5466 or email.
Studying in Australia
Studying in Queensland
The ESOS framework: Providing quality education and protecting your rights
Tuition Protection (TPS) Brochure for Students
Stuartholme School works collaboratively with an education agent for international student enquiries and admissions.
Our agent and their relevant contact details are as follows:
Australian International Education Consortium (AIECG)
Telephone: 61 7 3012 6217
Mobile (Yaoli Wang): 61 (0)413 670 857
Mobile (Jackie Luo): 61 (0)413 071 591
Street address: Level 21, 345 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 Australia